Dear Patients of Acton Family Dental Care:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. Our office has official reopened! Right now, we are trying to give priorities to patients who had urgent dental needs during the pandemic. We will gradually expand our services following the guidelines from Governor Baker's office and Massachusetts Dental Society. Currently, the plan is to provide routine services including all non-elective dental procedures starting June 9th. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our infection control procedures are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued.
For the safety of our patients and staff, the following changes will be made before your next appointment:
- All patients MUST complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before your visit. This questionnaire can be found on our website: actonfamilydentalcare.com/forms/. Click the yellow "new patient form" box then choose the questionnaire and submit it electronically.
- Based on guidelines dated April 27th, all patients are asked to wear a mask or face covering to their appointment with the exception of children under 5 years of age.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the reception area. We ask that all cell phones and personal belongings remain in your car, pockets or pocketbook during your scheduled appointment.
- The waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children's toys as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Because of this, there may be fewer options for appointment times. We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce wait time and the number of patients in the reception area at one time. Patients will be asked to call the office when they arrive at the practice and should remain in their car until notified of our readiness.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you again -- thank you for being our patient. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and our staff safe while at our practice. Updated information and additional details are available on our website: www.actonfamilydentalcare.com.
Dr. Yao and Staff